BCB Helpdesk Coordinator for students issues:
Tel.: 270-44-40 ext. 2132
KIMEP University offers quality business education since its inception in 1992 and already prepared several generations of highly qualified cadre for business industry in Kazakhstan and abroad.
The mission of the Bang College of Business is to offer quality business and management programs, to prepare students to be committed professionals and lifelong learners and to contribute to and take leading positions in business and society. Theory and practice are linked together through teaching, scholarship, and service in order to benefit both students and broader community.
Today, the college is the largest unit of KIMEP University, offering the Bachelor, Master, Masters, DBA and Ph.D. degree programs in Accounting and Audit, Finance, Management, Marketing, and Information Systems.
- KIMEP University is established and its Business Administration Department opens the first Master’s in Business Administration Program (MBA) in Kazakhstan with English language of instruction
- The first Bachelor’s program in Business Administration is offered by KIMEP (BSc in Business Administration and Accounting)
- The Bang College of Business, successor of the Business Administration Department, is established. The College is named after the University President Dr. Chan Young Bang in recognition of his contribution to development of business education at KIMEP
- The Executive MBA program is launched
- The first Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) in Kazakhstan is offered by BCB
- Four specialized Bachelor’s programs in Accounting and Audit (BACTA), Finance (BFIN), Management (BMGT), and Marketing (BMKT) replace the BSc program
- Three specialized Master’s programs in Accounting and Audit (MACTA), Finance (MFIN), and Marketing (MMKT) complement the MBA program
- BCB is licensed by the MES RK to offer PhD programs in four areas: Accounting and Audit; Finance; Management; and Marketing.
- Bachelor of Information Systems for Business (BISB) was launched
- Master in Management program is opened
Welcome to Bang College of Business!
The Bang College of Business (BCB) stands as the best business school in Central Asia, offering undergraduate and graduate education. We are proud to provide you with a wide variety of courses and programs that will enable you to achieve your academic and career goals. BCB Programs will prepare you to become a person of global talents and educate you to be globally competitive. We would like to be an integral part of your personal and professional development.
We strive to provide the best educational environment, instructional technology and experiences at the most prestigious western style university in Kazakhstan. We also help our students become more entrepreneurial in their spirit, and for this goal we are following the three principles. The first is a global entrepreneurship platform to support innovation and creativity. The second principle is rigorous academic research. And the third principle is mutual respect, diversity and inclusion within BCB.
I am very confident that you will be happy with our BCB programs, earn your degree in various aspects of Business Administration, and become successful in your future career and personal life. BCB faculty and staff are here to serve you with the belief that your success is our success. I wish you the best of luck and may this academic year be filled with success, health and happiness.We strive to provide the best educational environment, instructional technology and experiences at the most prestigious western style university in Kazakhstan.
Jay Hoyoung Lee, Ph.D.
Bang College of Business
- The Department of Accounting and Finance
- The Department of Management and Marketing
- The Executive Education Center
The Bang College of Business (BCB) programs prepare students to meet the diverse needs of modern Kazakhstan and the worldwide employment markets worldwide. Upon graduation, students will have acquired fundamental knowledge of Marketing, Management, Finance and Accounting and will understand the importance of Information Systems and Computer Applications in business. Moreover, they will demonstrate a firm grasp of theoretical knowledge within their area of specialization. By applying skills and knowledge, the graduates of the Bang College of Business will be able to compete with other highly qualified candidates worldwide and make a significant contribution to business and the development of the public sector.
KIMEP students are assured of a strong support network of the University counselors, faculty and peers who provide guidance and direction on all aspects of the University life.
RANKINGS AND ACCREDITATION
OUR ACCREDITATION JOURNEY
AQ Austria, Agency for Quality Assurance and Accreditation Austria (2013-18)
AFBE, Asian Forum on Business Education (2013-18)
CURRENT ACCREDITATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
FIBAA, Foundation for International Business Administration Accreditation (2012, 2018-23)
IQAA, Independent Agency for Quality Assurance in Education (2018-23)
Accredited by CIMA, ACCA, ICAEW
Full member of EFMD, AACSB, AmCham, EUROBAK
NATIONAL RANKING 2020 (IQAA)
|Bachelor degree programs|
|Accounting and Audit||1 place|
|Master degree programs|
|Accounting and Audit||1 place|
Global exposure and student mobility
KIMEP University provides students with the opportunities to broaden their horizons and experience different learning environments through its robust academic mobility programs. KIMEP has active partnerships with more than 160 universities worldwide. One third of thsee partner-universities have received a high ranking in the top 600 list of the Times Higher Education Supplement and QS.
WHY? Each undergraduate student of BCB has to take two Internship courses during the course of their study. The two required courses equip students with practical skills and are an indispensable part of the undergraduate learning.
WHEN? The “Credit Internship I” course can be taken only after a student earns 60 credits, and “Credit Internship II” course is available to those students who earned 90 credits and more.
WHAT IS REQUIRED? The “Credit Internship I” course requires that a student worked at the company for at least 80 working hours during the semester. Alternatively, a student can take a “Case Study” course in the field of specialization and thus fulfill “Internship I” requirement. “Credit Internship II” necessitates at least 160 hours of work in the semester.
Research of international relevance and scope:
Faculty members and graduate students engage in research work including thesis and dissertation, which primarily focuses on Kazakh national and regional studies in the field of Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Management and Business Information system, the results thereof are national, regional and international in relevance and scope.
Every year the Bang College of Business holds KIMEP International Research Conference (KIRC), which aims to facilitate the dissemination of research in the national, regional and international context. In addition, BCB faculty work on publications for the leading local and international peer reviewed journals.
- BCB arranges research training workshops, which aim to help new or inexperienced researchers to develop their research abilities and find venues for publication of their work.
- BCB also organizes seminars where new or inexperienced researchers (including graduate and senior undergraduate students) can receive feedback on their new and evolving research ideas, and visiting academics can share their knowledge and research experience.
The Bang College of Business has more than 8,000 alumni. There are strong and tight-knit KIMEP Alumni Associations in both Almaty and Astana, which organize events and networking opportunities for alumni of all KIMEP University programs. As the part of KIMEP family, they return to the University as guest speakers, partners, and donors. They also provide unwavering and invaluable support to fresh KIMEP graduates, assisting them with employment opportunities and adaptation in different cities of Kazakhstan. Our alumni work in both the private and public sectors, and each of them has their own story of success.
Since the College’s founding, BCB graduates have been an unrivaled source of business talents to local and multinational employers and have played major roles in the development of a thriving business community in Kazakhstan.