We would like to inform you that KIMEP University is planning to implement a fast-track program for 11-12 grade school students in the Spring Semester 2022.
Fast-track program is intended for those students who decided to master university-level foundation educational program in a shorter period of time.
Duration of university study is reduced solely due to previously taken general education disciplines and the number of hours taken.
It is planned to transfer the following general education disciplines and grades: History of Kazakhstan, Kazakh Language, Academic English, Physical Education, and other academic courses offered by colleges. At this time the list of courses is being discussed with college and department deans.
High proficiency of English language is required to start mastering academic courses.
Below you will find a table showing the passing scores corresponding to the academic levels of English at KIMEP, which will guarantee your admission to the academic courses through the fast-track program of study.
|Level of English Foundation Course||KEPT||CEFR+||IELTS Academic / IELTS indicator||TOEFL IBT||TOEFL PBT/ Institutional TOEFL||Revised TOEFL paper- delivered test||Duolingo English test|
|Academic English||80-100%||B2||5.5 (not less than 5.0 in the writing section)||70||523||52||85-90|
Fast-track program is intended for no more than one academic year.
Desired launch: Spring 2022
Study format: Online/Offline
Who is eligible to participate in the KIMEP fast-track program?
- High school/vocational high school/lyceum, etc. graduates
- Citizens of any country
- Valid IELTS/TOEFL/Duolingo certificates or KIMEP internal test (KEPT) scores are required
- Fulfill admission requirements for a non-degree student
* Please, note that participation in KIMEP internal tests will only be available in spring of 2022. University’s management is looking for a platform that will meet all international standards for conducting such tests and will ensure the validity of participants’ results.
What are the benefits of the fast-track program for a student?
- Opportunity to take KIMEP general education classes before graduating from secondary school;
- Opportunity to continue studies at KIMEP undergraduate programs (subject to admission terms) with classes accounted towards graduation allowing a student to graduate in 3,5 years
- You will be able to graduate from university earlier than your peers and start professional career in a chosen field
- Become members of KIMEP student organizations
In this regard KIMEP University Admissions Office kindly asks you to answer a few questions (it may take 5 minutes) that will help us to implement this project as soon as possible and make your schedule convenient.