Dear Nazarbayev Intellectual School graduate,
Greetings from the Recruitment and Admissions Department of KIMEP University!
Following numerous requests and recommendations from the graduates and their parents as well as NIS administration we would like to inform you that on August 1, 2018 Academic Council of KIMEP U has approved the following amendments to the policy of credit transfer for NIS graduates: D and lower grades are allowed to appear on the NIS 12 Grade certificate, however, credits will be transferred in for the subjects with the grade of A, B or C only.
Based on the mentioned above we strongly recommend you to upload NIS 12 grade certificate in your applicant’s portal by August 10 to give admissions specialists a time for processing and further transfer of data to the Office of the Registrar.
Below you will find an Attachment # 1 indicating the table of corresponding courses and assigned credits.
In accordance with the introduced amendments, the course transfer policy for NIS graduates will look as follows.
- Transfer of credits applies to all courses (higher and standard level courses) with the grade of C and higher.
- If the grade D is assigned for the subjects like Math, Physics, Economics and Computer Science in the NIS 12 Grade Certificate, the subjects # 6, 8, 9 and 10 will not be transferred in.
- Automatic transfer of credits will be valid for those graduates of NIS whose grades in the NIS 12Grade Certificate (from here on, referred to as “the Certificate”) are no lower than a C (A, B, and C grades are eligible for transfer).
- If you meet all of the requirements outlined in point 1, credits will, regardless of your choice of major, be automatically transferred for 7 subjects of 10 (Subjects 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, and 8 in Figure 1).
- If a student has an IELTS certificate with a total score of no less than 7.0, they may transfer eligible credits and they will be exempted from Subject 5 (Academic Reading and Writing II, See Figure 1)
- If a student is studying in the “Information Systems in Business” program and Physics appears on their Certificate, they may transfer eligible credits and will be exempted from Subject 9 (Physics, See Figure 1).
- Subject 10 is to be transferred, within the framework of any major program, as a discipline of choice from the selection of General Education subjects (see Figure 1).
|Subject #||Name of the NIS course||Grade
|Automatic transfer||Name of the corresponding KIMEP course||Number of credits transferred to KIMEP|
|1||NIS 12 grade certificate||A, B, C||Yes||Kazakh language I||3|
|2||NIS 12 grade certificate||A, B, C||Yes||Kazakh language II||3|
|3||NIS 12 grade certificate||A, B, C||Yes||Academic Listening and Note Taking||3|
|4||NIS 12 grade certificate||A, B, C||Yes||Academic Reading and Writing I||3|
|5||NIS 12 grade certificate||IELTS of 7 or higher||Yes||Academic Reading and Writing II||3|
|6||NIS 12 grade certificate||A, B, C||Yes||Information and Communication Technologies OR Business Computer Applications||3
|7||NIS 12 grade certificate||A, B, C||Yes||Introduction to Financial Literacy||3|
|8||NIS 12 grade certificate||A, B, C||Yes||Mathematics for Business and Economics OR Calculus||3|
|9||Physics||A, B, C||If the subject appears in the certificate||Physics||3|
|10||Economics||A, B, C||If the subject appears in the certificate||Introduction to Economics||3|
*The maximum number of credits that may be transferred is 30 credits, which is equivalent to completing the first year of study in any program.
If you have any additional questions, you may direct them to the following contacts: firstname.lastname@example.org, +7 727 2704213.
For all questions pertaining to grants and financial aid, please contact the Financial Aid Office: email@example.com, +7 727 2704316.
The Department of Student Recruitment and Admissions