About Student Affairs
The support of students towards achieving their educational goals is the focus of the Office of Student Affairs. The office provides an environment that fosters the intellectual and personal development of students, consistent with KIMEP University’s mission. The Office of Student Affairs reinforces and extends KIMEP University’s influence beyond the classroom. Its services include student support services such as Student Life, Academic support, Recreation and Sports, Student Housing, and Student Health. Student Affairs staff work with faculty, administrators and KIMEP U Student Association to create a safe and welcoming community and to support the personal, professional, social, and spiritual growth of the University’s students.
Help Desk for Students and Parents
“Student Help Desk” is located at the Office of Student Affairs room number 112 and 111 (Residence Hall basement floor). Students and parents can approach this office during working hours with their concerns, problems, worries, and suggestions.
a. Current students as well as their parents can use the service.
b. The ‘Help Desk’ assists students in resolving academic, extracurricular, personal and any other problems.
c. Students and their parents can submit a suggestion or a concern in writing or express it orally.
d. The ‘Help Desk’ deals only with issues and concerns related to the services and facilities at KIMEP U.
e. We would need credible evidence from you about a violation/mistake/harassment on the part of KIMEP.
f. Confidentiality is guaranteed for sensitive issues.
Once a written concern is lodged with the ‘Help Desk’, the Associate Director of SA will check the paperwork only, and then it will be sent to the concerned person, unit or a department for their comments or with a request for an appropriate action.
The SA will keep students informed about the status on their complaints.
Rules and Policies
Military training Opportunities
According to the state rules, all KIMEP University undergraduate students have the right to postpone their military services during their studies at the university.
KIMEP University directs the first year bachelor students – residents of the Republic of Kazakhstan, to the military training classes. KIMEP University does not provide military training classes for master students.
According to the agreements of KIMEP University and Narxoz University, and Kazakh Ablai Khan University of International Relations and World Languages the military training classes are conducted in the following military major programs:
– Finance and Economics of the Battle and Domestic Activities
– Organization of the Ware Maintenance
– Organization of the Food Security and Maintenance
– Organization of legal work
– Provision of fuel and lubricants
Kazakh Ablai Khan University of International Relations and World Languages:
– Foreign Language (military translator from English and Chinese languages)
– Combat use of General Divisions and Parts
The duration of military training programs for both universities is 2 years, including military practice. If a student meets the requirements and successfully completes the program, he/she will be awarded the military rank of «officer» relevant to his/her military major.
Office of Student Affairs informs students about military training opportunities at the beginning of the Spring semester. All interested candidates should submit the following documents (same for both universities) to one of the Host Universities by the deadline:
- an application with indicated military specialization
- an original and a copy of state ID or passport
- an original and a copy of pre-military or military certificate
- a temporary residence permit for non-residents of Almaty
- photo 3*4-2 pieces
- Spravka from KIMEP University on status quo
- Spravka on the absence of criminal record from Citizen Service Centre (ЦОН)
- Any other diplomas, certificates, etc
Stages of competitive selection:
I stage – passing of medical examination according to RK MD ‘s order;
II stage – conducting professional and psychological testing;
III stage – check of physical fitness according to the norms determined according to RK MD’s order;
IV stage – a meeting of the commission on selection of students for training at military department.
For more detailed information please contact: Office of Student Affairs;
email: firstname.lastname@example.org ; telephone: 8 727 237 47 91 /1016/1083/1042
Events of Fall 2020 semester
- Brainiacs by Geeks (September 4)
- Developing Leadership Day by AIESEC (September 19-20)
- KASD Freshman Picnic (September 12)
- Welcome party of Residence Hall (September 19)
- Country day: excurse to Kazakhstan and international students’ home countries and cultures by International office (September 30)
- Virtual travel: excursion to the partner countries by International Office (September 30)
- Virtual travelling: tours to famous attractions in Almaty and Kazakhstan by International Office (October 19)
- Convocation ID 2020 (October 30)
- Halloween by Residence Hall (TBA)
- Virtual travel: excursion to the partner countries by International Office (November 2)
- Country day: excurse to the international students’ home countries and cultures by International office (November 2)
- Top Talents – case competition online by AIESEC (November 1-15)
- International Students Day (November 13)
- Virtual travelling: tours to famous attractions in Almaty and Kazakhstan by International Office (November 27)
- Farewell party for exchange students by International Office (November 27)
- Go Exchanges – online internships by AIESEC (November 29)
- Brainiacs by Geeks (TBA)
- Virtual Art Exhibition “Re:” by Art Revolution (TBA, first half of the month)
- New Year by Residence Hall
- Workshops on screen play scenario by KELT
- Online Fall’In Fest by Art Revolution