About Student Affairs
The support of students towards achieving their educational goals is the focus of the Office of Student Affairs. The office provides an environment that fosters the intellectual and personal development of students, consistent with KIMEP University’s mission. The Office of Student Affairs reinforces and extends KIMEP University’s influence beyond the classroom. Its services include student support services such as Student Life, Academic support, Recreation and Sports, Student Housing, and Student Health. Student Affairs staff work with faculty, administrators and KIMEP U Student Association to create a safe and welcoming community and to support the personal, professional, social, and spiritual growth of the University’s students.
Help Desk for Students and Parents
“Student Help Desk” is located at the Office of Student Affairs room number 112 and 111 (Residence Hall basement floor). Students and parents can approach this office during working hours with their concerns, problems, worries, and suggestions.
a. Current students as well as their parents can use the service.
b. The ‘Help Desk’ assists students in resolving academic, extracurricular, personal and any other problems.
c. Students and their parents can submit a suggestion or a concern in writing or express it orally.
d. The ‘Help Desk’ deals only with issues and concerns related to the services and facilities at KIMEP U.
e. We would need credible evidence from you about a violation/mistake/harassment on the part of KIMEP.
f. Confidentiality is guaranteed for sensitive issues.
Once a written concern is lodged with the ‘Help Desk’, the Associate Director of SA will check the paperwork only, and then it will be sent to the concerned person, unit or a department for their comments or with a request for an appropriate action.
The SA will keep students informed about the status on their complaints.
Rules and Policies
Military training Opportunities
According to the state rules, all KIMEP University undergraduate students have the right to postpone their military services during their studies at the university.
KIMEP University directs the first year bachelor students – residents of the Republic of Kazakhstan, to the military training classes. KIMEP University does not provide military training classes for master students.
According to the agreements of KIMEP University and Narxoz University, and Kazakh Ablai Khan University of International Relations and World Languages the military training classes are conducted in the following military major programs:
– Finance and Economics of the Battle and Domestic Activities
– Organization of the Ware Maintenance
– Organization of the Food Security and Maintenance
– Organization of legal work
– Provision of fuel and lubricants
Kazakh Ablai Khan University of International Relations and World Languages:
– Foreign Language (military translator from English and Chinese languages)
– Combat use of General Divisions and Parts
The duration of military training programs for both universities is 2 years, including military practice. If a student meets the requirements and successfully completes the program, he/she will be awarded the military rank of «officer» relevant to his/her military major.
Office of Student Affairs informs students about military training opportunities at the beginning of the Spring semester. All interested candidates should submit the following documents (same for both universities) to one of the Host Universities by the deadline:
- an application with indicated military specialization
- an original and a copy of state ID or passport
- an original and a copy of pre-military or military certificate
- a temporary residence permit for non-residents of Almaty
- photo 3*4-2 pieces
- Spravka from KIMEP University on status quo
- Spravka on the absence of criminal record from Citizen Service Centre (ЦОН)
- Any other diplomas, certificates, etc
Stages of competitive selection:
I stage – passing of medical examination according to RK MD ‘s order;
II stage – conducting professional and psychological testing;
III stage – check of physical fitness according to the norms determined according to RK MD’s order;
IV stage – a meeting of the commission on selection of students for training at military department.
For more detailed information please contact: Office of Student Affairs;
email: firstname.lastname@example.org ; telephone: 8 727 237 47 91 /1016/1083/1042
Events of Spring 2020 semester
- Welcome Party by BIS (January 17)
- Cinema Club by Geeks (January 24)
- Winter Advising and Orientation Program (January 24)
- UpGreatMe! By KCSR (January 25-May 4)
- Top Model 2020 by KFI (January 27-February 28)
- Best room competition in RH (January 31)
- Winter Picnic by Mountain Kings (End of January)
- Poetry Night by Times (February 14)
- Chess tournament by Chess team (February)
- Charity Project by GIFT (February)
- Recycling Day by Tree Huggers (March 18)
- The Smartest Guy in the Room by KAFC (March 9-15)
- KIMEP Debate Academy by IDC (March 23-24)
- Poetry Night by Times (March 26)
- Что? Где? Когда? By RH (March)
- Art Exhibition by Art Revolution (March)
- KIMEP Football League (28 March-3 May)
- Nauryz Day by Student Affairs
- Night Ice Skating by KASD (April 4)
- Business Case Competition by Case Club (April 11)
- Stars on Ice 2020 by KASD (April 18)
- “The Shining Lives” performance by KELT (April 24-26)
- Sky Cinema by Geeks (April 30)
- KADA Open Air (April)
- Cooking Day by RH (April)
- Sport Day by RH (April)
- Game of Thrones by Geeks (Spring 2020)
- Wrestling (Spring 2020)
- KIMEP Pie magazine #23 (Spring 2020)
- Trip to Issyk Lake by RH (June)
- Sky Cinema by Geeks (June 5)