Region: Central Asia
Size: 2,724,900 km²
Language: Kazakh and Russian
Capital City: Nur-Sultan
Climate: Continental – Hot summers 18°C to 30°C; cold winters – -3°C to -15°C
Currency: Tenge (KZT).
All payments in cash in Kazakhstan are accepted only in tenge.
Telephone: Code for Kazakhstan is +7. Almaty city code is 727
Electricity: 220 V, European socket
- Kazakhstan is the 9th largest country by size in the world. It’s a huge place with a very small population of only 18 million people. Kazakhstan got its independence on 16 December
- It’s the largest landlocked country in the world, with Russia to its North, China to the West, Uzbekistan down South and the Caspian Sea on its Western
- Kazakhstan is a multicultural country with more than 130 ethnic groups and nationalities including Kazakh, Russian, Korean, German, Ukrainian, Belarusian, Uzbek, Poles, and Lithuanians to name a
- Apples are reputedly to originate from Kazakhstan and there are still wild apple gardens in the country.
- Kazakhstan is mineral and resource-rich (commodities).
- Kazakhstan hosted the Expo 2017 ‘Future Energy’.
- The Lake Balkhash, which is one of the biggest lakes of the World hasa unique quality about it. One half of the water remains saline, whereas the other half of the lake has fresh water.
- The highest point in Kazakhstan is Mt. Khan Tengri of the Tian Shan mountain range. At 23,000 feet (7010 m), it is also the world’s most northern 7000-m The lowest point in Kazakhstan is the bottom of the Karagiye Depression at 433 feet (132 m) below sea level. Located east of the Caspian Sea, it is one of the lowest elevations on Earth.