Visa for international students
There are 2 categories of international students arriving to the Republic of Kazakhstan for study:
- Who needs a student visa to enter Kazakhstan
- Who does not need a student visa to enter Kazakhstan but needs a passport registration for a study period.
Please consult with the VISA Manager whether you need a study visa or any other visa matter:
Mrs. Yulia Alimkulova
Tel. (+7 727) 270 42 29 (ext. 2048)
Mobile, WhatsApp: +7 701 360 02 16
E –mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Office #111 (1 st floor Dostyk building)
How to Apply for a Student Visa through KIMEP University
An international student can request for a visa support ONLY after receiving the Admission letter
According to the Government order #175 dated 05.03.2013 Article 83 an Invitation Letter with a reference number for a study visa support is issued by the MFA of the Republic of Kazakhstan. KIMEP University supports international students with study visa and sends the Invitation letter to the student and the Embassy of RK.
The Embassy/Consulate of RK will not accept your application for visa without the Invitation Letter with a reference number.
STEP 1. Check Passport Expiration Date: your passport should be valid for 6 months after the expiration of your study visa.
STEP 2. Find out the embassy of the RK’ address in your country where you will apply for the visa.
STEP 3. Send documents at email@example.com:
- Complete KIMEP Visa Form in word*doc format
- Scan Passport
STEP 4. Invitation Letter: KIMEP Visa Office will send a request for the Invitation Letter to the Migration Department of Almaty City. You need an Invitation Letter each time you apply for a visa to study at KIMEP. The Invitation Letter will be sent to your email and the embassy within 7 working days.
STEP 5. Validity of visa period: the study visa is valid for 1 semester or 1 academic year. Please apply for the exact period at the very beginning.
Study Visa Application to the embassy/ consulate of Kazakhstan
NOTE. Your first study visa will be obtained from the Kazakhstan embassy/consulate in your current residence country. If you are not sure where is the embassy located, send your enquiry to Yuliya Alimkulova for a help at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are in Kazakhstan, your second, third study visas can be extended in Almaty. If you apply for your second, third study visas outside of Kazakhstan, you have to apply in your residence country or in a country which you have residence permit for.
STEP 1. Submit the following documents to the Embassy/Consulate:
- Scanned copy of Invitation Letter from KIMEP University that shows the reference number
- 1 passport size photo
- Passport original
- Visa fee
- Completed application for visa (you may complete the form at the Embassy or download from the embassy website )
STEP 2. Confirm study visa type C-9 and visa dates in your passport.
According to KAZ visa rules the RK embassies can process your visa within 5 working days. When your passport is returned to you make sure your visa type and dates are correct. If there are any questions, please discuss with Embassy/Consulate staff.
RULES FOR ALL FOREIGN STUDENTS UPON THEIR ARRIVAL TO KAZAKHSTAN
Upon arrival to Kazakhstan and passing customs control foreign citizens will get a stamp in their passports. Sometimes a migration card is given.
ACCORDING TO KAZAKHSTAN MIGRATION RULES, ALL INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS NEED TO BE REGISTERED IN A LOCAL MIGRATION OFFICE DURING 2 WORKING DAYS UPON ARRIVAL TO KAZAKHSTAN. SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS ON THE ARRIVAL (WORKING) DAY OR NEAREST WORKING DAY (AFTER THE WEEKEND OR HOLIDAY) TO KIMEP VISA OFFICE:
- Passport (original) + 2 copies
- Migration card ( IF YOU HAVE IT)
- Photo 3*4 (passport size)
- Address in Almaty (certificate from the KIMEP dormitory if you live there, or a notarized copy of the agreement with a landlord)
Those who received the KIMEP Invitation letter must pay fee of 1,412.5 tenge (pay to the Cashier office 118/Dostyk at KIMEP).
In case of changing your address in Almaty you need to inform Visa Manager immediately for a changing the registration of your address.
PROLONGATION OF STUDY VISA & PASSPORT REGISTRATION. LOSS OF PASSPORT
In case students want to prolong their study during next study period, or loss of the passport, they should undergo the same visa application procedure and pay fee. The payment should be done 30 days before expiring date of a current visa and no later than 14 days:
- Student statement (Order online www.my.kimep.kz through the Student Portal>Study>Personal>Spravka Order>help. Select “Extract from the order on receipt.” You can get this document the next day from the Registrar office)
- Passport + 2 passport copies
- 1 passport size photo
- Address in Almaty (certificate from the KIMEP dormitory if you live there, or a notarized copy of the agreement with a landlord for an apartment)
- Filled out a visa application – for those who needs the study visa
- Receipt of payment amount via a bank (as of 2019, price subject to change by Migration office, a cheque will be given by the Visa Manager) – for those who needs visa:
- multiple entry visa (30 MCI) – 76,886.25 KZT (requested study period one semester);
- 1 entry visa (7 MCI) -18,811.25 KZT (requested study period less than 3 months)
In case students want to stop studying and leave Kazakhstan much earlier than the visa expiration date (more than 2 months), they should get an exit visa and pay fee (0,5 MCI) – 1,412.5 tenge.
Traveling outside Almaty and country
KIMEP is not responsible for your travelling in and outside the country. Please contact the embassy of a country and get an information on a visa regime there.
It is convenient to arrange the travelling with a help of a Tourist agency. A tourist visa and invitation letter to, as well as a registration in another country should be done via the same tourist company.
KIMEP University will not be held responsible for the external organisations’ prices and services.
According to the RK migration rules all international students must:
- Check what type of visa do you have (one or multiple entry visa)
- Inform the Visa Manager one week before a trip or send email about a planned trip. Departure and arrival date to KZ should be known.
- Inform your Buddy and Coordinator.
- According to the KZ Visa rules, Customs control office takes off your migration card at the border (airport, train/bus station, customs at the border on roads, etc) when you are leaving the RK.
- When crossing the border back to the RK you will again get a stamp in the passport, sometimes you might be given a new migration card. You should come to the Visa Manager immediately upon arrival or inform Visa Manager about arrival back via WhatsApp, e-mail, or SMS.
In case of documents loss immediately inform the Visa Manager, your embassy and the district department of internal affairs. Working around in Almaty and Kazakhstan all foreigners should have copy of him/her passport with a stamp from International office every time to avoid problems with migration police. Make a copy and ask Coordinator for international students to put a stamp on it.
Foreign students who fail the visa regime of RK will pay fines in amount 166 580 KZT (subject to change by the Migration police.
KIMEP and VISA MANAGER WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FINES. ALL FINES SHOULD BE PAID BY STUDENTS.