Emergency, therapist examination, medical procedures’ services, inhalation, blue light device.
KIMEP Medical Center requirements
According to the Directive No. 638 of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated December 19, 2007 all Institute’s applicants and students whose ID number was changed shall provide the following documents to the Medical center when submitting admission documents to the Admissions office (this is to avoid problems with course registration):
- Health certificate – ф-086/u
- 063/u certificate (copies of vaccination records from vaccination card or “Health Passport”
- Chest X-ray results (original copy of the film with stamp and name of the radiotherapist is a must, the date of the film shall be not older than six months)
According to the Joint Order No 270 and 144-П of Health Department and Almaty Department of the Health Inspection Committee, Ministry of Public Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan of May 17, 2012, X-ray films of students from other cities (including Astana) must be certified in Almaty health care facilities. KIMEP University students shall certify their X-ray films (free of charge) in the 5th City Clinical Hospital at Dostyk Ave., 220, corner of Khadzhy Mukan St., X-Ray Room.
International students shall provide the following documentation to the Medical center:
- Health medical certificate (can obtain in Almaty)
- Copy of vaccination record (copy must be submitted)
- Chest x-ray examination record with specification (can obtain in Almaty)
Foreign students must bring and submit a copy of their vaccination records to KIMEP University Medical Center. They can obtain Medical Certificate (Form-086/U) and X-ray in Almaty.
KIMEP students annually submit chest x-ray records to the Medical center.
KIMEP Medical Center work hours:
Monday through Friday, 8 am to 8 pm
Saturday, 9 am to 2 pm
4 Abay ave., KIMEP JSC
Rules for obtaining Certificate of release from classes due to an illness
- KIMEP Medical Center doctors start release certificate on a day of student’s appeal granted student’s medical indications.
- Medical doctors and medical personnel of KIMEP Medical Center are not entitled to release a student from exams or projects. Final decision is made by professor, college or department.
- Medical certificates are not retrospective (i.e. if a student did not go to classes due to an illness and did not appeal for medical assistance thereof)
- 095/у certificate that releases students from classes can be obtained in clinics domiciliary and in private medical institutions with a license for issuing 095/у form. This certificate shall be verified with KIMEP Medical Center. . This certificate shall be provided to KIMEP University Medical Center for confirmation.
Rules for sick leave certificate verification for KIMEP students
According to KIMEP policy all medical certificates recording student’s temporary incapacity due to a general illness, trauma, artificial adoption, tuberculosis, child care leave, are verified by KIMEP Medical Center doctor.
The following is verified:
- Temporary sick leave certificate issued by medical and preventing organization with a right thereon.
- Temporary sick leave certificate of clinical outpatient department issued on a day incapacity was established. Attending physician is entitled to issue sick leave certificate once for no more than three days; altogether for one disease – no more than 6 days. Prolongation of temporary sick leave certificate beyond 6 days is made by attending physician together with department chief or chairman of higher qualification commission, head physician or deputy head physician. Medical examinations take place at least every 10 days for lengthy illnesses. Sick leave certificate is issued for no longer than 2 weeks.
- In the event of hospital treatment sick leave certificate (for the whole period of hospital treatment) is issued on the leave day of a patient from a hospital by an attending physical together with chief of department. Extract from patient’s hospital record is provided to verify treatment. Copy of this record is also submitted to the Medical center.
The following is not verified:
- Sick leave certificate issued to patients undergoing examinations ambulatory or stationary
- One-day certificates from clinical outpatient departments, medical centers, emergency services and hospital admissions
- Certificates from sanatoriums, preventative clinics and cosmetology clinics.
Requirements to submitted certificates
1. Temporary sick leave certificate shall follow form 095/у (approved by Directive No. 332 of the Minister of Health of Kazakhstan dated July 8, 2005) and bear stamp of organization, round stamp for sick leaves, signature and personal stamp of attending physician.
2. Temporary sick leave certificates are registered documents, i.e. documents with a registration number.
3. Period of temporary incapacity to work shall comply with approximate incapacity period for a specific illness.
Medical certificates are confirmed by KIMEP Medical Center within two days of their closing date at a medical institution.
Medical center reserves the right to inquire authenticity of a medical center provided by a student from head of a medical institution. Fictitious certificates are sent to the Institute’s Disciplinary Council.
Do not forget to annually renew chest x-ray records and submit them to KIMEP Medical center!
Why is annual chest x-ray examination required?
- Kazakhstan has a high sickness rate of tuberculosis. According to the National tuberculosis center in 2010 tuberculosis index was 995 persons per each 100,000 (!). This means that during your communication with others, 1 out of 10 people may be diagnosed with tuberculosis.
- Prevention and treatment of tuberculosis is one of country’s priorities and is supported by legislation acts of the state and the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan. Annual preventive x-ray examination is mandatory for all citizens of Kazakhstan. Avoidance of such leads to administrative reprimand.
- Early stage of tuberculosis is smoothly treated. Take good care of your health and the health of your closed ones. Make sure to do regular chest x-ray examinations.
We are wishing you health!
In case of an emergency or life-threatening situation, please visit KIMEP University MC for medical assistance (when you are on KIMEP campus), or dial 103.
You can also receive medical assistance, consultations of specialized doctors, get x-ray and Medical Certificate 095/У in your district hospital, or on paid basis in Almaty health intuitions by making an appointment by phone. Below you will find a list of the nearby health care institutions offering reasonable rates.
CCH No 5, Almaty, Dostyk Ave., 220.
X-ray – 420 tenge, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, results are given immediately
Paid consultations of therapist and specialized doctors
Emergency dentist’s services 24 hours a day.
Central City Clinical Hospital
6 Zhandosov St., corner Manas St.
X-ray – 450 tenge, 8:00 to 14:00, the results are given next day
Consultations of specialized doctors 8:00 am to 3:00 pm, cost – 1200-1500 tenge
Emergency care 24 hours a day.
Kerement Micr., 3 Timiryazev St.
Phone: 237-95-55, 237-95-56, 237-95-27, 237-95-28
Working hours: 8:00 am to 6:00 pm, consultations upon appointment
Consultations of therapist, cost – 3000 tenge
Consultations of specialized doctors, cost – 3000 tenge
Medical Assistance Group Medical Center
6 Abdulins St.,. Makatayev.
Phone: 259-97-90, 259-60-56
Working hours: 8:00 am to 8:00 pm, consultations upon appointment
X-ray – 1400 tenge, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, results are given immediately
Consultations of therapist, cost – 2500 tenge
Consultations of specialized doctors, cost – 3000 tenge
147-а Baitursynov St. ( between Timiryazev St. and Gabdullin St.)
Phone: 292-20-53, 8-777-356-6600
Working hours: 8:00 am to 16:00 , consultations upon appointment
Consultations of therapist: 10:00 am to 1:00 pm, cost – 2500 tenge
Consultations of specialized doctors, cost KZT 3000е