How to Apply
To come to KIMEP UNIVERSITY for a semester or two as an exchange student you should find out if your institution is a KIMEP UNIVERSITY partner. The International Office at your institution will guide you on how to become an exchange student to KIMEP UNIVERSITY.
KIMEP UNIVERSITY has adopted the American Grade and Credit System. However, all courses are assigned with ECTS. As all courses at KIMEP UNIVERSITY are conducted in English there is no problem to choose appropriate courses for your study program. You must have good command of English language (equivalent to IELTS 5.5 and above) though you do not need to provide us with the results of TOEFL or IELTS. Please find descriptions of the courses in our academic catalog to find the appropriate courses you would like to take at KIMEP UNIVERSITY. Syllabi could be provided upon request.
The maximum study load for a full-time student at KIMEP UNIVERSITY is 6 courses per semester. Though to get a real feel of the exchange and to be able to integrate into social and student life, we encourage students to enroll for 4-5 courses.
We strongly advise you to read International Students Guide, a very informative and selected source about your study at KIMEP University, live in Kazakhstan, useful data, links, and leisure in Almaty.
Upon nomination by the home university a student should send an application package to be placed as the exchange student at KIMEP UNIVERSITY. Please also read carefully the international exchange students guide.
The following documents to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Application form
- Copy of Original Transcript
- Copy of Passport
- Learning Agreement Form
- Visa form
- Medical form 063 (a copy of vaccination card obtained at your home country), for those who are younger than 32
- X-ray shot of the lungs (on film, not older than 6 months. Can be obtained upon arrival for free)
- Medical form 086/u (obtained upon arrival, cost 2000KZT = 14$)
Information by steps:
- Complete online application
- Visa Coordinator will proceed with visa application. (invitation letter)
- The exchange student will be given an ID to register for courses on-line.
- Register for the courses in the online system
- Prepare all the necessary medical documents (X-ray, immunization records)
- Send the exact arrival date and flight number to email@example.com