MARCO XXI, lot 10
- Samarkand Agriculture University, UZ
- Urgench State University, UZ
- Kazakh Agro-technical University, KZ
- Kostanai State University, KZ
- KIMEP, KZ
- Eurasian National University, KZ
- Tajik National University, TJ
- Kulob Technological University, TJ
- BAFE, KG
- Talas State University, KG
The MARCO XXI program is focused on Agricultural Sciences, Architecture, Education and teacher training, Business, Engineering and Technology, Medical Sciences, Law, Geography and Geology, Social Sciences.
The mobility can be realized in 8 EU partner universities. There will be available 100 scholarships to be awarded for 1-34 months depending on mobility type/academic level.
Nationals of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan or Uzbekistan:
- Students who are currently registered in a higher education institution of these countries that is included in the MARCO XXI partnership.
- Academic Staff applicants must be employed at their home university by the time of the mobility.
Mobility levels: Undergraduate, Master, Doctorate, Post-doctorate (Post-doctoral students must have obtained their diplomas AFTER May 2010), Staff
Target Group 2
Nationals of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan or Turkmenistan, who are currently registered in a higher education institution of these countries that is not included in the MARCO XXI partnership
who hold a university degree or equivalent from any higher education institution in Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan. This includes persons working in public administration, public and private enterprises who hold a degree for any university in Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan.
Mobility level: Master, Doctorate, Post-doctorate (Post-doctoral students must have obtained their diplomas AFTER May 2010).
Target Group 3
Nationals of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan or Turkmenistan, who are in particularly vulnerable situations, for political or economic reasons or because of physical disabilities.
Mobility level: Undergraduate, Master, Post-doctorate
Start for individual mobilities: 1st May 2011
Deadline of beginning of ALL mobilities: 30th December 2012
Most of the BA and MA mobilities will start from August 2012.
To the general eligibility criteria for Erasmus Mundus program, MARCO XXI has introduced its own eligibility criteria
- By the time of application Undergraduate students must have completed one full year of studies.
KIMEP fast-track and regular Master students may apply immediately after being enrolled at KIMEP.
- Doctorate and Postdocs candidates should have established communication with their respective potential supervisors at the hosting partner. In several host institutions the acceptance of a supervisor is the main condition for eligibility of the doctoral and post-doctoral candidates.
The application will have to be submitted online. In order to complete your application, you must upload all the required documents. Therefore, make sure to have all necessary documents translated (when requested), scanned and in doc or pdf format.
Application forms and list of required documents are integrated into the web platform http://www.marcoxxi.eu/?q=howtoapply
The IRO will write a letter o support for English Language proficiency for applicants as a part of the application form upon applicants’ request. Master or PhD degree seeking applicants have to provide with official results of language proficiency test and GRE/GMAT, in other words, follow admission procedure at the host university.
Once you have check that you are eligible for a scholarship and know what program type, mobility level and field of study you want to apply to and the documents that are requested for each level of mobility and target group, fill in the online application form, upload all necessary documents and close your application.
After the deadline, the applications of Target group 1 will be validated by KIMEP Selection Committee regarding the eligibility criteria such as nationality, language proficiency, mandatory documents, etc. If the applications are valid, it will be assessed according to the selection criteria indicated in MARCO XXI website. If the applications were classified as not eligible, you will be informed about the reasons and have at least one week to appeal against this decision of your home university.
The KIMEP Selection Committee consists of the EM Program Coordinator, Elmira Suleimanova (Administrative Director IRO) and two faculty members from the relevant college. The Selection Committee will be checking the documents provided for the on-line applications, eligibility of candidates, etc. and provide necessary information to the Coordinator of the consortia.
Your application will also be assessed by the host university according to the selection criteria established in this project. If your application were classified as not admissible, you will be informed about the reasons and have at least one week to appeal against this decision of your host university.
The selection criteria:
- Quality of the application (clearly defined goals and expected outcomes, expected impact, methodology, fitness for the project’s objectives, schedule, etc).
- Motivation (motivation letter has to be written in English).
- In case of Doctoral student, Postdoc and Staff – those with an invitation letter from the Host university will be given a preference.
- Qualifications (academic, competences, etc).
- Language skills.
If you want to go to SGGW, Poland, Uppsala-Sweden, ISBL-Lithuania, Masaryk-Czech Republic and VUB-Belgium, English is compulsory.
If you want to go to UCTM, Bulgaria either English or Russian may suffice.
If you want to go to Gottingen University, Germany either German or English is compulsory
If you want to go to USC, Spain either Spanish or English may suffice.
To assess your English level a telephonic interview may be held in presence of one of the partner coordinators.
- Impact and relevance for the home country (especially in research activities for Doctoral and Post Doctoral mobilities).
- Sustainability (especially in the case of academic/administrative staff mobilities).
Please get on the website http://www.marcoxxi.eu/ to find all detailed information about the scholarship scheme, description of partner institutions, on-line application, etc