International Academic Mobility
Internationalization is one of the top priorities at KIMEP University. We are happy to see a growing number of international students at KIMEP University. Additionally, more and more KIMEP students and faculty use the study abroad opportunities that are offered to them.
KIMEP University is also home to over 360 international students from 25 countries that study and contribute to the social and academic life on campus.
We welcome degree students, non degree students, exchange students, dual degree students, intensive Russian language program students and International Summer School students.
KIMEP University has established partnerships with over 100 esteemed universities in Europe, North America, and East Asia. These collaborations entail student mobility, faculty mobility, dual degree programs, international summer programs, and joint research.
Study abroad opportunities for students
KIMEP University offers an array of study abroad opportunities to its students:
- Student Exchange Programs: Study 1 or 2 semesters at one of our partner universities in Europe, North America or Asia.
- Dual degree Programs: Earn 2 degrees while studying partially at KIMEP University and partially at one of the top universities in Europe and Asia.
- International Summer Programs: Attend a summer program from one of our many international partner universities. With some of these programs, credits can be transferred back to KIMEP University.
- International Scholarship Programs: KIMEP is part of several Erasmus Mundus consortia, that provide our students with scholarships and stipends to study for 6 up to 24 months at one of the EU universities in the consortia.
- International Internships: KIMEP signed agreements with North American internship providers that give our student the opportunity to have an internship in the USA.
Study abroad opportunities for faculty
KIMEP University offers different opportunities to its faculty to further their academic qualifications and establish research collaboration. These are typically international scholarship programs – such as Erasmus Mundus – and bilateral agreements.
KIMEP University actively participates in several international projects:
- Erasmus Mundus projects
- Tempus projects
- Bilateral projects – such as with the University of Agder and the government of Norway