Internationalization is one of the top priorities at KIMEP University. We are happy to see a growing number of international students at KIMEP University. Also more and more KIMEP students and faculty use the study abroad opportunities that are offered to them.
KIMEP University is also home to over 360 international students from 25 countries that study and contribute to the social and academic life on campus.
We welcome degree students, non degree students, exchange students, dual degree students, intensive Russian language program students and International Summer School students.
International Summer School
Every summer, KIMEP University hosts the International Summer School “Central Asia and the Silk Road of the 21st century”. Visiting faculty from all over the world together with KIMEP faculty are invited to teach intensive courses in the field of business and social sciences related to Central Asia. International students, Kazakhstani students and KIMEP students form a diverse group of students attending these courses and enjoying a variety of extra-curricular activities organized for them.
KIMEP University has established partnerships with over 100 esteemed universities in Europe, North America, and East Asia. These collaborations entail student mobility, faculty mobility, dual degree programs, international summer programs, and joint research.
Study abroad opportunities for students
KIMEP University offers an array of study abroad opportunities to its students:
- Student exchange programs: study 1 or 2 semesters at one of our partner universities in Europe, North America or Asia
- Dual degree programs: earn 2 degrees while studying partially at KIMEP University and partially at one of the top universities in Europe and Asia
- International summer programs: attend the summer program of our many international partner universities. With some of these programs, credits can be transferred back to KIMEP University
- International scholarship programs: KIMEP is part of several Erasmus Mundus consortia, that provide our students with scholarships and stipends to study for 6 up to 24 months at one of the EU universities in the consortia
- International internships: KIMEP signed agreements with North American internship providers that give our student the opportunity to have an internship in the USA
Study abroad opportunities for faculty
KIMEP University offers different opportunities to its faculty to further their academic qualifications and establish research collaboration. These are mainly geared around international scholarship programs – such as Erasmus Mundus – and bilateral agreements.
KIMEP University actively participates in several international projects:
- Erasmus Mundus projects
- Tempus projects
- Bilateral projects – such as with the University of Agder and the government of Norway