At its meeting on November 20, 2009, the Board of Trustees/Board of Directors of the JSC KIMEP adopted the following statement of core values for the Institute. This followed an extensive period of consultation with students, faculty, board members, administrators and partners.
These codify for the first time the values by which the Institute has sought to operate since its founding. We ask to you to take them into consideration as valued members of our community.
- We value the well-being of our students, faculty, and staff.
- We encourage personal and professional development in an environment of collegiality and trust.
- We value quality in our education programs and research activities.
- We value the holistic development of our students, instilling in them a questioning spirit and the ability and desire to learn throughout life.
- We value our responsibility to develop the future leaders of society who will embrace the highest ethical standards.
- We value the creation, application, and dissemination of knowledge in a culture which fully supports the freedom of inquiry and speech.
- We value fairness and integrity and will not tolerate favoritism, nepotism or corruption.
- We value open, honest communications and transparent and accountable decision-making.
- We value partnerships with our community, including the parents of our students, business, government, and non-government organizations, within The Republic of Kazakhstan and throughout the world.
- We value the high reputation of our Institute in the Republic of Kazakhstan and beyond, and also its important contribution to the growth of society.
- We value all people both within and outside our organization, regardless of their nationality, religion, gender or other factors not related to the purposes of the Institution.